Welcome To LeitrimExperience.ie..
It’s the end of an era, at Cumiskey’s sweet shop in Ballinamore, which is poised to close it’s doors for the last time at the end of the month.
The The shop was established at it’s current location in 1955, by John and Frances McHugh, parents of Sheila Cumiskey.
Sheila along with her husband Cathal Cumiskey (pictured) have served behind the counter for many years, and have seen a myriad of children and their parents pass through the doors over many decades.
But as the old saying goes “time waits for no man” and the decision has been taken to close the sweet shop.
Cumiskey Wolesale will continue trading.
Members of the Cumiskey family are collecting old photos and memories of the shop and would love anyone who has any good photos or stories to pass them on to be included in a family book.
A big shout to out to #AndrewLesterPhotography for our super photos.